Thursday, May 11, 2017

10th day

May 11th (actually today's)

Finally caught up with my daily (except for Sunday) blogs. Today is more like a review day. We went over the last two choreographies that we learned from Matt Steffanina, and the one that we choreographed that's pieced with a small section choreographed by Anthony Lee. We had some trouble getting the moves to the beats, since it's a different dance that's not designed for this song. We were able to get it right in the end. Ashley told us that if we want to figure out the right way to connect every move with the music, we'd have to slow the video down. So I put together a new video that has the music of "Stay" with the choreography from Anthony Lee. At first, we slowed it down to 0.2* speed, which is like 1/5 of the original speed. Then, after a very long process of dancing with it repeatedly, we slowly sped it up to 0.3 then to 0.5 then to 0.6 then to 0.75 then to 0.85 then to 0.9 and eventually normal speed. I've never learned a dance in such painstaking way, but I believe it's a very good way of learning and practicing a dance. Honestly I would never have the patience to do so on my own, so I should really thank my mentor and partner for forcing me to learn a dance this way.

Hours of work: 4

Hours total: 40/100

No comments:

Post a Comment

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...