Tuesday, May 2, 2017

2nd day


May 2nd

My second day of senior project started at noon after I went to Chinatown for brunch. Today was mostly working on the computer as well, since the earliest slot for the studio is tomorrow from 9am - 12. As I've made my decision on the song "Stay," I listened to the song over and over again and jotted down some thoughts. I highlighted the sections in lyrics of where I'll be choreographing and where I want to fill with other scenes. Then I looked for dance choreographies on YouTube for this song. I especially liked the one by Matt Steffanina and I am quite familiar with his dances. I will be learning the section that he choreographed, which is about 30 seconds. I figured I still have a lot to choreograph so I continued looking at videos to get inspirations. Other than dance choreographies, I was also looking at several popular music videos and collecting ideas of how to shoot a professional music video. I have already decided on a couple shots that I am certain to put in my video and where I want it. I also talked to the technology group who will be shooting the video about the dates and locations of shooting. So far we've decided on these listed locations: parking lot, beach, rooftop, alley, and on a bridge. A couple scenes will involve: playing pool, sitting at sunrise at the beach, head-shot with maybe slow-mo on the bridge, and dancing on top of a car in an empty parking lot at night. Some techniques will include slow motion, reverse playing, and blinking. So far so good. Gotta get up early tomorrow. Sigh.

Hours of work: Approximately 4 hours.

Hours so far: 8/100

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the final product, Shannon! We miss you on campus.

    ReplyDelete

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...