Thursday, May 18, 2017

15th day

May 17th

We’re shooting our first dance scene tonight. 
Because we decided that most of our scenes are either gonna be late afternoons or at night, we’ll have to wait until at least midnight to shoot so we can avoid as many people as possible. The setting is in a small alley somewhere near Chinatown. I went with the crew to get lights and cameras and equipment earlier today. We started nails and makeup and dressed up at my partner’s apartment at around 10:30 pm. Then we headed out to the place where we’ll be shooting. We started setting up the generator and camera and lights at midnight. By the time we’re done, it was already 2 am. I was exhausted and cold, but I felt pretty good about the footage. We had some pretty cool features that look really cool. I’ve never been on set at such late hours and it’s just exhausting. I don’t know how film-makers do this. So much respect for them. By the time they cleaned up and I got home, it was 3 am. This is just the beginning. 

By the way, even though I'm writing this on the 18th, this happened on the 17th. Since a lot of our shooting will be from late night to 2 or 3am, I'll have to write my blog on the day after, which is when I wake up. The date of the blogs for the next couple of days will be slightly off, but I'll make sure to post as soon as possible. 


Hours of work: 5

Hours total: 61/100

No comments:

Post a Comment

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...