Wednesday, May 24, 2017

2nd weekly reflection


Second week was similar to the first week. Because we’re learning five choreographies in total, we’ll be finishing the two choreographies that we haven’t learned. Other than the same practice routine, I also had to make plans about the shooting. I had to talk to the film crew members about some of my ideas and we’ll decide which of these ideas are achievable and which are not. Then we pick the location for a couple shooting scenes. We also have to have a complete and detailed list of what scenes we’ll be using to fill the entire music video. After that, I need to give them a shot-list so they know how I want the video to be shot. Finally we had to settle down a schedule for when and where and what the shootings will be. I also had to remember the special props to bring to each shooting scene. These things had to be settled early so we can be efficient and productive in the next week when we’ll start shooting. It wasn’t easy having to take care of so many things at one time, but I liked the feeling of being in control and being organized. I enjoyed the feeling of being a leader even with the stress that came with it. I learned to collaborate with others and the process of discussing and sharing ideas made me feel like I’m the leader of something very important. With the great responsibility and challenge to juggle so many things simultaneously came a great sense of accomplishment. I’m definitely benefited from this week’s activity because it forced me to be creative and collaborative. I had to have conversations with people who takes care of different things. I had to talk to the production designer to make sure that we have the apparels we need for the video; I had to talk to the drone operator to make sure the drone can be operated at the locations we picked during the time we scheduled for shooting; I had to talk to the haze operator to make sure we have enough haze to use for however long we need when shooting. I had to make sure a lot of things on top of our daily practices that’s still happening four hours a day. It was a lot of preparation to prevent us from having a chaotic and crazy week with a lot of shooting and editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...