Wednesday, May 24, 2017

3rd weekly reflection


Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting all the night scenes that require staying up late. In order to avoid crowd and disturbance, we usually won’t start shooting until midnight or later. Because we need several good footages so we can have choices later when editing, we had to shoot many times in order to be sure that we have enough footage to use in the video. Then we also need to shoot from a different angle so it won’t be boring. We also had a lot of equipment that we had to set up and clean up every time we start and finish shooting. There were also times when we had to get up a couple hours before the sunrise or be ready in early afternoons in order to capture the fleeting sunrise and sunset. In between shootings, I also had to make sure I finish the editing. With at least ten footages for every scene, I had to watch every one of them and compare them to pick out the best footage that I’ll use in the video. Sometimes the same dance will use several different footages that’ll be meticulously edited to look smooth. I also had to make sure that the dance moves and how I switch footages had to match the beats in the music so it doesn’t seem off or inconsistent withe the music. Although editing video was completely new to me, the process wasn’t too surprising. I knew that I’ve always held a high standard to myself, so I expected that editing was going to take a long time. When it comes to shooting, I was only surprised that looking at myself dancing in front of the camera was so different from what I’ve seen in the mirror. Other than that, I kind of had an idea that the shooting process was going to take a long time, and because I was the one to make the call to retake a shot, I knew that I was going to shoot the same scene for more than once. I think this process benefited me because I’m learning new things and challenging myself to get hold of things even though it’s completely new to me. In the end, life is all about learning new things and challenging yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...