Wednesday, May 24, 2017

1st weekly reflection


For the first week, my mentor and I started with deciding the song that I want to make a video for. Then, for the rest of the week, I found dance choreographies on YouTube and started learning and practicing them with my dance partner. I loved the whole process since I’m doing what I’m passionate about. So far I’ve been doing what I’m familiar with, which is dancing. Mostly things were as I expected since learning choreographies can’t be too different than what I’ve been doing in the past. However, there are some little things about learning these choreographies that surprised me. The difference between learning choreographies on my own and learning choreographies with more experienced mentor and partner is the pace of learning. I usually spend an equal amount of time on both processes of learning and practicing. At first when we started learning, I found our speed of learning exceptionally fast. I think it was due to my higher concentration when I’m slightly pressured because I was with two others. Just as the speed of learning the choreographies surprised me, the later process did too. I thought the proportion of learning and practicing should be almost the same, and if we learned it so fast we could’ve finished faster as well. However, my mentor was very fastidious about every move when we tried to speed through the choreography, she emphasized on the quality of moves. Because we had a more painstaking way of practice, it took us a surprisingly longer time on practice. I benefited by exercising everyday and having motivation to seriously learn and practice these choreographies with high concentration. I also learned to be patient and persevering through these practices. What I did this week will improve my dancing skills and the choreographies I learned will be shown in the dance video I’ll be shooting on the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3rd weekly reflection

Last week will be the shooting and editing week where the actual video will be coming together. We started the week by shooting a...